CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

Modern Japanese fashion...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female
Number of posts : 919
Nickname : Mr. President
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Modern Japanese fashion... Empty
PostSubject: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 8:41 pm

lol...So, I've been looking at Japanese fashion a lot, and I wanted to go over different styles of it, because there are a lot more than I imagined, and I think it'd be cool to share <33

Lolita: The most obvious, there are a lot of different styles of lolita...this isn't a fashion style you see every day, mostly Sundays in Harajuku. ((Wikipedia: Lolita Fashion)) (**Note: EGL or Elegant Gothic Lolita is just what Moi-même-Moitié uses to describe his fashion.)

*Gothic Lolita: Aka "gothloli". The most common and popular style of Lolita. Main color is black with lots of lace and drastic shoes. Often includes props (eg, the coffin purse). Was popularized by Visual Kei music.
--Kurololi: Type of Gothic Lolita, ONLY black on black
--Gurololi: Another type of Gothic Lolita with fake blood or the such..."gruesome".
--Industrial Lolita: I don't totally understand this one, but for the most part, I believe that it reffers to industrial music.

*Sweet Lolita: Has a high ammount of lace and frills. Tries to look as sweet and cute as possible, often has fruit prints.
--Shirololi: A type of Sweet Lolita that is ONLY white on white.

*Classic Lolita: Takes inspiration from Victorian fashion. This style tends to be more mature looking, and the colors are more antique looking.

*Punk Lolita: Combins Punk fasion with Lolita. It often includes items that are normally found in Punk fashion, like tattered clothes and saftey pins.

*Wa Lolita: Aka "Waloli". Includes traditional Japanese clothing into Lolita styles, like Yukatas. This is my favorite style of Lolita <3.

*Qi Lolita: Combines traditional Chinese clothing and Lolita style.

*Pirate Lolita: Incorperates historical pirat-y fasion into Lolita.

*Erotic Lolita: Normally not much different, just more revealing. Often includes bondage.

*Country Lolita: Sort of little house on the prarie style. Same type of clothing for the most part, but with different prints and accessories.

*Otaku Lolita: Aka Otarori. Obviously an Otaku Lolita.

*Ouji: Male Lolita fashion.

*Aristrocrat/ Madam: Madam is when refering to the fem. version. Japanese fashion inspired by the European middle class. A common brand is Moi-même-Moitié.

*Decorer: My favorite style. It is someone who decorates themselves. Candy-raver styled colors, and rainbows and layers and...just google it...I think its amazing >.<

*Ganguro: What to say...what to say...The Japanese version of a Valley girl...only more scary. Dyed hair, fake bake, and a ton of makeup. Fake nails and high fashion.
--Yamanba: An extreme version of Ganguro...if thats possible. Darker makeup ALWAYS characterized by white eyeliner on the eyes and lips...

*Kogal: Different from Ganguro. This is characterized by showing off how much money you have. They often wear platform shoes, mini skirts, fake nails, designer accessories and loose socks.

*Kodona: ???

*DecoRoman: Deconstructed Romantics. Ripped up and aged stuff. Balanced out with faded makeup (everything white) and smooth black hair.

Links: Jap Fashion @ 3Yen, Japanese Fasion on Wiki, Lolita on Wiki

PS: Much <3 to the hardcore Decorers

Modern Japanese fashion... Decorervy4 Modern Japanese fashion... Decorer2iu3

Last edited by Honey on Fri May 30, 2008 7:46 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_is_lovelove_is_life
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male
Number of posts : 477
Nickname : Itachi-kun

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 pm

you forgot about Country lolita.... and the subgenres like Sweet little gothic country lolita =P
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 10:39 am

lol, I forgot a couple...but sweet goth country lolita does not exist, sorry...but they don't exactly mix genres of lolita like that very often >.<
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 11:08 am

its done allot more then you think, dont cha ever read Gothic Lolita Bible?
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 am

DOUBLE POST:

and what about the cute little "Injured Lolita?"
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 3:20 pm

I think I called it gore or something. I have never had the chance to get the Lolita Bible, because as far as I know, its not sold at hot topic, and I don't have a credit card. But Lolitas have rules too, and mixing is normally against them.
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 am

actually you would be suprised, i learned all this from the leading Lolita expert of NA. I dont remember her name but she did a panel all about it at MCAD, she has also written three books.

it is Injured lolita btw, and mixing is A OK aslong as it becomes a new style or follows a previous new style. You cant mix Injured with punk lolita and called it Punked Injured if its already known as Injured Punk. its simple things like that, like not you should never call american manga, manga cause its not manga =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Japanese fashion...   Modern Japanese fashion... Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Japanese fashion...
Page 1 of 1