CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

Quick question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ayakano
PikaPika
PikaPika
Ayakano

Female
Number of posts : 15
Nickname : none
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Quick question... Empty
PostSubject: Quick question...   Quick question... EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:25 am

Is it possible to get a writer's forum in here? Like one where we can post original stories and fanfictions? I think it would be kinda cool. I doubt anyone would read them but all the other sites I used to go on got rid of theirs and I miss having them in a place where I can see them.

What do you guy(s) think?
Back to top Go down
Shuichi
Shinigami
Shinigami
Shuichi

Female
Number of posts : 197
Nickname : Dirty Bananna Coat
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Quick question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick question...   Quick question... EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but almost pointless. People rarely come on this forum anymore...
and then there is the problem with stealing ideas. You could post writing on deviantart. That has copyright protection for your submissions.
Unless you don't care about your work being used by someone else we could get something set up. Maybe it would increase traffic flow to the forum...
Back to top Go down
Ayakano
PikaPika
PikaPika
Ayakano

Female
Number of posts : 15
Nickname : none
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Quick question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick question...   Quick question... EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Well... That's true... I forgot about the whole copyright thing. Is it possible to get that fixed or something so only members can view it or make it so that it can't be copied and pasted? That would be my only worry with my original works.

However, I don't give a crap about my fanfictions. The forum will show that I was the first to post it anyway and if its spread around that means its good, right? No one can completely take over a story, let alone mimick my style perfectly, so I'm not too worried. I could start it off with the Inuyasha fanfiction I started a while ago and am still in the process of writing. I'm currently in the process of going back and revising the old chapters. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, so I know its a decent story.

This site isn't popular enough to be too worried about copyright infringement so some people would definitely find it cool. And besides: otakus have a tendency to love to write. If we announce it in club that there's a writers division of the forum, people might go check it out.

Well... Should [we] give it a try?
Back to top Go down
Shuichi
Shinigami
Shinigami
Shuichi

Female
Number of posts : 197
Nickname : Dirty Bananna Coat
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Quick question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick question...   Quick question... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 am

If you don't care about your stuff being possibly stolen, then it's not an issue. As far as I know, it isn't possible to prevent someone from copying and pasting text in a forum.
Otakus do love to write.
If Mr. President doesn't have a problem with it, I would volunteer to set up the thread.

Mr. President? You're opinion??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick question...   Quick question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick question...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHS Otaku Club :: Forum and Club Information :: Complaints/Suggestions-
Jump to: