CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

Malice Mizer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeadlyRhapsody
Servant of the DJ
Servant of the DJ
DeadlyRhapsody

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Malice Mizer Empty
PostSubject: Malice Mizer   Malice Mizer EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 10:56 pm

Yes, the sexy, the popular, the ever so wonderful Malice Mizer.
http://www.overstuffed-closet.net/malicemizer/gallery/images/20.jpg
Malice Mizer is a Japanese goth-rock band of high and mighty power, easily considered legendary. Forming in August of 1992, founding members Mana and Kozi conceived the band name from the term "malicious misery". In '93, Gaz was recruited for drumming, but he left soon after to pursue another band. The first lead vocalist for the band was Tetsu. He had a higher pitched voice, and a bit of a stage fright case, thus making it hard for the band to become exactly what they were trying to be. After two years and an album, he left the band.
Nearly a year later, Malice Mizer found the perfect fit to the missing puzzle piece slot of their gorgeous band. Gackt. He fit perfectly. He was exactly the vocals they needed to make their band what it was meant to be. With the full on line up, Gackt, Mana, Kozi, Kami, and Yu~ki, Malice Mizer was into their ultimate fame.
For four years, Malice Mizer stayed at the top of the charts. Then, in 1999 Gackt left to pursue a solo career, and Malice Mizer was left singer-less. Pretty bad, but later that year and even greater tragedy occured for Malice Mizer. The drummer of the band, Kami, who is known as one of the best drummers in J-rock history, suddenly succumbed to a subarachnoid haemorrhage (brain aneurysm) on June 21st, 1999. Devastated, the remaining band members, Mana, Yu~ki, and Kozi, released Shinwa ~ Kami Memorial Box in honor of their late band member. Ex-lead singer Gackt Camui, however, was probably the most grief-stricken. He released U+K, a song he wrote and dedicated to Kami later in 1999.
After two tough blows to the band, the three remaining members focused even more on their music, and pulled together to release several amazing works, such as Saikai no Chi no Bara & Kyomu no Naka de no Yugi. Yet the absence of a lead singer and amazing drummer took it's toll on the band...Soon the break they'd been hoping for came. A singer formally of "Pride of Mind" named Klaha was hired out as a session singer. Soon after, Klaha officially became the new lead singer of Malice Mizer on August 23rd, 2000. With a haunting, deep voice, the band created more gothic-styled baroque music that they had always aimed for.
With the release of "Bara no Seidou", the band's first album feature Klaha on vocals, their fame was renewed. Some believe the album to feature the band's best work ever, and loyal Malice Mizer fans were pleased with the result. One of the band's most famous songs, "Beast of Blood", helped them rise to the fame they'd longed for. Yet the band would never reach the full fame they'd once experienced when Gackt and Kami had been a part of their work.
Yet even with the new found success they had reached, Malice Mizer, after nearly a decade as a band, officially ended December 11, 2001.

Malice Mizer is my lifeblood. I love their works, everything. I even love the first singer, Tetsu's work. This thread is my tribute to them. Enjoy the topic!

Oh, and as for my favorite songs. Syunikiss, Illuminati, Au Revoir, Baroque, and many more.
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male
Number of posts : 477
Nickname : Itachi-kun
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Malice Mizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malice Mizer   Malice Mizer EmptyTue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 pm

how about Ma Cherie? thats a good song, i am glad gackt left malice mizer just because HE IS A MUSICAL GENIOUS and to be honest M M was holding him back because they fit a genre, and he is much more then a genre
Back to top Go down

Malice Mizer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHS Otaku Club :: Cafe de Otaku :: Music-
Jump to: