CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?

Go down 
+2
Honey
Yukio
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yukio
Wanted: Life
Yukio

Male
Number of posts : 112
Nickname : Lee
Registration date : 2006-11-28

i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? Empty
PostSubject: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 8:50 am

i do believe in god and if you dont please let me try to persuade you abouthim, but what do you think? do even have a religion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kato_black
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female
Number of posts : 919
Nickname : Mr. President
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 4:30 pm

if this gets topic gets even a little out of hand, i'm locking it.

i don't know if i believe in god...i find it hard to believe, and i'm agnostic...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_is_lovelove_is_life
Candeh
Supermilkchan!
Supermilkchan!
Candeh

Female
Number of posts : 74
Nickname : Candi
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 6:35 pm

Yes, I do believe in God.
and I am a Christian.
Perhaps I've strayed away from religion....
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male
Number of posts : 477
Nickname : Itachi-kun

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 1:41 pm

i strongly beleive in god and i feel people try to understand to much, people are much too quick to say their is no god when there is no physical evidence, but thats the thing, a spirit isnt physical, its a spiritual thing and people can feel things spiritually. I myself was once atheist but when i found god again i fell a great force spiritualy that tied to my soul, and when i have a problem i give it to my god and he solves it which is something not allot of people would understand, remember God is different from religion. God isnt corrupt but religion can be, like the priests that touched little boys should not reflect on the true god in heaven. I will not tolerate flaming god or anyones opinion on this topic, yet i am open to discuss anything in a mature matter. I know many religious beleifs that i still use today when following my god, like Shinto, Budhism, and yes atheisim, but i also do not take their beleifs. so lets discuss, and may i ask honey, why dont you beleive in anything? faith is a powerful thing
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 4:24 pm

i don't want to be athiest, and i am certainly not quick to say there is no god...i actually want there to be...i just...i don't really know :C
Back to top Go down
Candeh
Supermilkchan!
Supermilkchan!
Candeh

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 5:46 pm

Mr Itachi Sexy Pants wrote:
so lets discuss, and may i ask honey, why dont you beleive in anything? faith is a powerful thing

she said she's agnostic.
I believe that means she doesn't know what to believe, so she's still unsure and that's perfectly normal.
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 8:21 am

yeah, agnostic means you don't believe the existance of a god can be proven...
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 1:06 pm

their is nothing wrong in anyones beliefs, the thing is god's existance can not be proven. If you spend your life doubting and trying to prove his existance you will never find physical proof. We talk allot about it in humanities. To truelly feel god's touch you have to unlock the gate in your brain. Its a mental block that prevents you from actually communing with god but once its unlocked you can actually communicate with god. Its more of a spiritual thing that allot of people whom are in touch with their spirit can do, it may seem weird but to me, my physical body is a limit, something that sets the bar for me. I can actually feel so much more with my spirit, which everyone has but it also can not be proven physically. And even if my faith ends up being blind, it still doesnt stop what i feel physically, i would gladly give my life for god because i know he has the right path laid out for me (and god isnt like allah, he wount make me die to harm others XD) If feel religions bicker too much on who is right, the important thing is what they are trying to do. Every religion tries to reach a higher level of spirituality, is anyone wrong? not exactly, but only those who can feel their spirit are even close to right. btw, the christian, muslim and jewish god are all the same god, just different personalities, they all branched off the same path just at different times. One thing is certain though, mohamad and jesus were real people, its be proven by all 3 religions, they all had different veiws but look at a man like jesus. I know is my messiah because he gave his life for all of us, i hate how he becomes a commercial icon in christianity, because he is a real man who cried, whom bleed, whom felt love, joy and every emotion. He could have lived a long and happy life, dying at the age of an old man. He was told by god before he was captured what was going to happen, and he could have run away at any time but he choose to go to the cross, which is something i can say that i wouldnt do for the world if i were in his shoes. We are all sinners, there is no way to escape it. I hate when people think they are pure when really no one is. blah anyways i finally discovered the meaning of life from the teachings of jesus and the words in the bible and too many are too often to over look it. Even if you dont beleive jesus was the messiah or that christianity is the right way there is something my faith has taught me. It constantly tells me to love my neighbor, dont sleep with his/her partner, dont lust, not harm... and so on.... the real message of my faith is that every human, no matter the race, the color, the income, the size, the group, the eyes or any other difference we have, we are all human beings first and formost and everyone deserves to be treated as equals and we all need to learn to stop harming eachother and start co-existing because when it comes down to it, humans only live for about 80 years, and the earth has been around for billions, so are lifes are small, meaningless, and pathetic... in the end what we do means nothing. We need to better humanity while we can, and learn to smile and laught =P
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 1:07 pm

ps... i deserve this double post for that large post XD
Back to top Go down
Shuichi
Shinigami
Shinigami
Shuichi

Female
Number of posts : 197
Nickname : Dirty Bananna Coat
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 4:52 pm

I believe there is a higher power(s?) of some sort, but I'm not sure what it is. I know it can be good and I know there can be evil, but I don't define myself as a Christan or believing that there is only one higher power or being. I guess to me almost everything seems to have so sort of spirit in it, I don't know what kind of religion that falls into though. -.- meh, I just thought I should include me 2 cents worth here, so yeah.... :albino: little bunny FuFu!
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 8:24 pm

obviously the existance of a god can't nessicarily be proven, but being agnostic doesn't only mean that i don't believe that existance can or can't be proven, but it also means that i believe certain things are unknowable/ shouldn't be known...it also means that i can be swayed either way...but i have to find out for myself...it means that i'm still seeking the truth i suppose...

i hate it when other people push their religon on you, or tell you why you should/ shouldn't believe in something. it makes me even more skepticale.

i also find it hard to believe in spirits and ghosts and such...one thing that seriously influenced this was the cloning of the first cat. the person who cloned it said it acted exactly the same...but if it had a spirit...did it come back, or is personality something that is determined solely by your genes...

edit: i'm gonna make this a sticky....err...sushi lol
Back to top Go down
Candeh
Supermilkchan!
Supermilkchan!
Candeh

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 10:38 pm

I agree, though, Alayna.
I dislike it with a passion when people try to force their beliefs unto another. Don't they realize that it doesn't do anything except agitate them more?

Especially with something like religion.
You can't force God on someone.
That's like...
deadly...

But then again, I do have friends who believe in God but dislike organized religion. Oh, i don't know....
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Mibu Wolf
Mibu Wolf
Psyche

Female
Number of posts : 205
Nickname : Sasamich!
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 11:36 pm

I believe in the Father, the almighty. Maker of heaven and earth. Of all that is seen and unseen.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord. He was concieved by the power of the holy spirit, and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He desended into ばか. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic church. The communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the ressurection of the body, and the life everlasting.

This is what I believe.

XDD I think a thread should be set aside for Micah's post.

Anyway.

Yeah, I agree with Alayna, I don't like it when some Christians get all pushy and try to make you believe them. That's what I think the gay marriage thing is about, pushing other beliefs unto others.

Um, yeah, my dad's like that. Believes in God, but hates going to church.

I always thought it would be cool to worship two religons at once. Like in Life of Pi. Pi worshiped Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. He made it work really well. I dunno.

Um I guess if the existence of God could be proven, it wouldn't be called Faith, right?
Back to top Go down
Shuichi
Shinigami
Shinigami
Shuichi

Female
Number of posts : 197
Nickname : Dirty Bananna Coat
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Psyche wrote:

Um I guess if the existence of God could be proven, it wouldn't be called Faith, right?

*nod* I agree
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 7:14 pm

Psyche wrote:

true true....i guess like i said earlier, i really WANT to believe, but i just find it sooo-- hard :C
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Mibu Wolf
Mibu Wolf
Psyche

Female
Number of posts : 205
Nickname : Sasamich!
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 9:55 pm

Honey wrote:
Psyche wrote:

true true....i guess like i said earlier, i really WANT to believe, but i just find it sooo-- hard :C

I know what you mean. It's hard when there's so much stuff totally against it. And I used to be someone who needed proof for anything. I still kinda question my faith sometimes, it's natural. o.o; I dun know.
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyWed Dec 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Psyche wrote:
Honey wrote:
Psyche wrote:

I know what you mean. It's hard when there's so much stuff totally against it. And I used to be someone who needed proof for anything. I still kinda question my faith sometimes, it's natural. o.o; I dun know.

yeah...but it think people misunderstand when i say that i am waiting for proof of existance. I'm not waiting for a physical manefistation or something...i'm waiting for personal proof...like...i dunno, but i'm sure you understand what i'm trying to say :3

I like this discussion...let's keep it this way >.<
Back to top Go down
Yukio
Yukio

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 15, 2006 5:59 pm

ill keep on topic dw

and to be on topic

GOD LOVES YOU ALL!!!

i think hes real and worthy of all praise
Back to top Go down
Yukio
Yukio

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 8:57 am

this is gonna be a double post so here it goes.

jesus died for our sins, so i personally feel endebted to him, for that ultimate sacrifice, he is spiritual, and i do honestly beleive that he is real, and hes waiting for us in heaven
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 4:21 pm

in geography class, our teacher claimed that [someone] found proof of jesus's existance, and i have never doubted his existance, what i do somewhat doubt is the fact that he was reborn and what not... (honestly, i don't mean to offend anyone, like i said before...i really want to believe...)
Back to top Go down
Yukio
Yukio

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 4:29 pm

i too found it hard to believe but meh friends helped
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 4:32 pm

i'm working towards belief, but the one thing that pushes me away from religion is seeing all the selfish reasons that people want there to be a god. Like for a better afterlife, or so they can celebrate christmas...it just seems like a way to use religion for selfish gain... D:
Back to top Go down
Yukio
Yukio

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 4:34 pm

but thats why many people are pushed away, its your choice, i only influence it
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 8:46 pm

lol well its something called faith. And faith is something you learn and keep. If your faith is true, your willing to die for it, ya know what i mean? and people with true faith die for it. I actually dont classify myself as christian anymore either basically for a couple reasons like: false christians, and people pushing their veiws too much on others.

I beleive you should share your faith with others, not jam it down their throats. I actually formed my faith by taking shinto practices and christian beleifs and infusing them to one. Its all christian rules. but ya know, there is techniqually kami, there is spirits in everything, and if its not its own spirit, its gods.

I highly doubt the cat cloning was right, you have to take into account on how the cat was raised. Animals are trained a certain way, they act that way. Ya know? cause animals are dumb and have no true real independence of their own. Its funny cause they have cloned other animals and they havent acted the same. Its all in the raising i say. I beleive in a heaven, a ばか and a purgitory. The purgitory is where you go when your not ready to move on. Anyways i gotta go, post more later
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 8:13 am

yeah, i'm not saying that i liked the idea of cloning, but this happened when i was a stupid little...was it 5th grader? so that sorta affected me for a while (i've always been sorta iffy in my beliefs)

i don't know if i believe in ばか, cause i know it ties in with the christian religion, and i'm unsure if i believe in heaven also, and i think it's retarted when someone tells me that they are athiest and still believe in ばか, cause then they aren't athiest...

But i used to believe that everything had a spirit in them, but i think i used to have idealistic views on society too, like that everyone was born good, and had no evil in them...but when i was little, i also had different views on good and evil (not just like murders, but also corperate things i thought were evil, like cutting down forests for shopping malls)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?   i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power? Empty

Back to top Go down

i believe in god, do you think theirs a higher power?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHS Otaku Club :: MISC :: Serious Discussion-
Jump to: