CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

Giant fan!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female
Number of posts : 919
Nickname : Mr. President
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Giant fan! Empty
PostSubject: Giant fan!   Giant fan! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:46 pm

Temari Fan (from scratch)

Material

* Wood (This is general, I actually bought trim from a hardware store. My pieces were 18 feet long to begin with, and I used wider trim for the outside 2 pieces.)
* Fabric (I bought 3 & 1/2 yards of heavy white canvas)
* Paint (Just black paint...)
* Fabric Glue (about 2 bottles)
* 1 long screw
* A couple of old paint brushes

Procedure

1.) Okay, first we bought the wood. I bought 18 foot wood trim, and cut it in 1/2 at the store. I used 4 pieces, but I think Temari's fan has more. I used an additional piece of wider trim for the outermost 2 pieces.

2.) Now, what I did was sanded them all down, and rounded the corners.

3.) I had my dad do this for me, so I don't know exactly what we did, but he used something to drill a hole in the wood, and then we put the screw through (this is a screw that was not pointed...so should we call it a bolt?...) and used it to hold the fan shut. Don't leave it like this.

4.) I painted all the pieces black, and when they dried, I hooked them together (like poorly explained above)

What I had so far was this:

Giant fan! 1001064al4af3.th

The pen was in that picture to show how huge it was, and it was temporarily tied together so I could play around with it a little.

5.) For this step, I laid the fan out, and set the (canvas) fabric over it. I drew the shape of the fan on the fabric, took it off and cut it.

6.) To glue the fabric on, I carefully laid the fan out, making sure each of the "spokes" were even width apart, then I used the crappy paint brushes to put the fabric glue on, and lay the fabric down as I went.

Ta-da! This is a lot easier than it sounds. For Temari's Fan, obviously you would just paint purple circles on!

(Sorry for not having more pics).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_is_lovelove_is_life

Giant fan!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHS Otaku Club :: Convention Related :: COSPLAYer :: Tutorials-
Jump to: