CHS Otaku Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the Centennial High School Otaku Club

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  

The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread

Go down 
+2
MrSexyItachi
Honey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female
Number of posts : 919
Nickname : Mr. President
Registration date : 2006-08-21

The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread Empty
PostSubject: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 6:51 pm

tj wrote:
At this time, I have been informed from the chairman that next year's convention is planned to be April 4-6, 2008. At this time, I do not know Sakura cons dates for next year, which is important to our dealers.

ANIME DETOUR: MARCH 28TH- 30TH, 2008;
THEME= ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!

Yes of course we had to do this, make a topic DAYS after AD2K7 ended, but here it is.

Before anything else I want to talk a little and maybe get input.

I thought we were really unorganized. We had no idea what to do, could never find eachother, and alls I wanted to do was go to photoshoots.

I think next year we need some plans. My mother is going to register, more than likely with, but I'm unsure. I also think my friend Kelly will be coming, and we should expect new freshman next year, with the biggest class coming and all.

The things I want to do are:
A.) A CHS Otaku Club photoshoot.
B.) A mall raid. CHS or not, I wanna go on a real one.
C.) A group cosplay, for those who are interested.

It was hard. We couldn't find other people and when we did, we sort of clung. I really like the idea of an adjoining room, but I'm almost definatly staying with my mom and Angel again.

This next detour I will more than likely be photoshoot-whoring again, but I want to get other things straightened out. If you already registered, I'd like to know, because that excludes you as a group leader or member (con-wise), and you have to pick up you own badge XP lol. Also, I think that someone over 18 has to pick up the group badges, but I'm unsure.

Also, people should have a better idea on their schedules. I was totally unprepared for what happened, and I ended up only going to 3 pannels, and not even for the whole thing.

DETOUR 2008

Now on to the important part. :3

Most things haven't changed. Rooms cost the same, and the reg. fee will probably be the same, unless they decide to make it a 4 day con.

Make sure that you save as much money as you can. I have to be on the payroll this summer so my parents can transfer my money into an account I can access, and that gaurantees me a job with my father. Get a summer job if you can.

My mother will be attending Detour next year, and plans on registering so she can volunteer. We will also see about getting stuff to eat and drink again. If we need anything else I'll see what we can do.

PEOPLE PLANNING ON ATTENDING ANIME DETOUR 2008 (**= pre reg'ed at AD2K7; *= paid [waiting on these for now](
Micah T.
**Mark S.
**Betsy S.
Alayna C.
Angel B.
Kelly B.
Lisa C. (aka, the Con Mom)
Joel R.

[this is all I'm sure of for now]

Tips/ things I learned:

**Don't plan on attending a pannel every hour...it doesn't work like that. A lot of pannels come back, so plan on coming back with them!!

**Bring memory cards, espically if you are a picture whore like me.

**Finish your cosplay on time. I know its fun to procrastinate and all, but seriously, it sucks. Neutral

**Watch what you eat/ drink. I know this sounds opposite of what Micah told everyone every week, but I figured out why cosplayers don't eat or drink a lot. Let me give you a hint. It took me around 10 minutes to just get into my dress, makeup and hair completed. If I had to go the bathroom at all while in it (luckily I didn't) then I would have to go back to the hotel room, have someone un-zip it, take the entire 4 layers off, and then put it back on...and re-tape it to me >.<

**Pre reg. If you plan on going, REGISTERATION WILL FILL AT THE DOOR ON FRIDAY!! There might not even be any extras this year.

**Get a room. Or pitch in, It must of sucked to have to drive every day, ne?

**Cosplay. If you need help, ask. I will be willing to help you, but keep in mind I am taking 6 AP (Advanced Placement) classes next year. That means if you want me to make something for you, it will be a commission, because this coming year, you will be buying my time, little of which I will have. I'll probably only do kimonos though.

**Go to atleast one photoshoot, espically if you are a fangirl/ boy

**Bring extra money. You can pre-reg if you really wan't to, but I'd suggest spending it...lol. The really cool things like collars and heartless hats went right away, so you should get them while you can.

**Buy something in the artists alley. Its something you can't get in other places, and it makes the artists happy.

Last edited by Honey on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_is_lovelove_is_life
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male
Number of posts : 477
Nickname : Itachi-kun

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 12:04 am

if we need someone to pick up the badges again, lemme know alayna cause i am willing to do that, i just dont want to organize it all, thats all (did it for 2 years in a row.)

also alayna, ask your mom if she is willing to book 2 adjoining rooms and before detour i will pay her in full for the room (that way we can be garunteed adjoining rooms) we also want to be in the courtyard if at all possible.

anyone is welcome to join my room, just dont do shit XD i also dont want anyone i dont know in my room (if i know them for a year+ they are fine, just dont want shit stolen, club members are ok)

ummmm, in terms of food/drink, like alayna said- watch what you eat/drink, eat/drink smart, have water and real meals, and fill up when hungry but it is a pain to over eat. And this year gona be honest, i felt really bloated and had gas on sat cause i didnt eat right >.< felt like crap.

lets get this in the planning phase.

rooms lets try for:
1. Adjoining
2. In the courtyard
3. 2 beds per room

Another note about my room i would like 4-8 people to my room. I/Nikki already claim a bed though so =P
Back to top Go down
Shuichi
Shinigami
Shinigami
Shuichi

Female
Number of posts : 197
Nickname : Dirty Bananna Coat
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Micah, add me to the list of peoples staying in your room! please? I think my mom would allow it..I'll be 18 then anyways, so I don't see the problem. If not, then I could always stay in Alayna's room, if that is ok with her (master, is that ok?? I love you )
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 9:03 pm

Possibly, like I said, I`m still unsure because of how well it worked out with me, my mom and Angel. I also think my friend Kelly will be coming with us, so we`ll probably have more people with us >.<

I`m actually thinking 4 rooms would be better...

BTW: OFFICAL DETOUR 2008 DATES ARE UP, ALONG WITH THEIR NEW THEME!! *Dances*
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:12 pm

4rooms x 6ppl = 24
4rooms x 8 ppl =32

if we had 4 rooms too keep it cheap we would want idealy 6-8 ppl per room if everyone pays their share, i know it costed us $40 per person with just 5 ppl cause with tax its about $200 for the weekend per room, i say idealy we have 2 official club rooms, then we can let anyone who doesnt come to use get their own rooms
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Woah, I am not staying in a room with 5 other people >.<

Me and Angel overpacked like crazy, and It was squished enough...and I don't think I could make anyone sleep on the floor >.<
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:45 pm

thats the whole point, YOU ARE WASTING THE FLOOR! plus beds will be on a first come first serve basis and i already called one XD
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 2:02 pm

THE FLOOR IS NOT FOR PEOPLE! >.<

lol, if you guys want to get adjoining rooms, thats fine by me...but I think I'm gonna stick with just me, my mom and Angel to a room. Kelly if she comes...
Back to top Go down
1st Lt Sasuke Taraishi
No Life
No Life
1st Lt Sasuke Taraishi

Male
Number of posts : 110
Nickname : Canada, Reno, TeamkillTommy
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Actually when my family goes on road trips and we stay in a hotel i always get the floor. its not that bad really if i was staying in a room with two other people i'd let both of them have the beds cuz i'm just that nice. seriously if you have to sleep on the floor bring an air mattress that way you're a little mor comfortable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfmanalchemist
HoBo_Zetsu_Chan
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
HoBo_Zetsu_Chan

Female
Number of posts : 181
Nickname : HoBo
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 12:55 pm

Hobo? personally HoBo loves the floor more than beds so no matter the happenings HoBo calls the floor!
Back to top Go down
Kaykuyo
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Kaykuyo

Female
Number of posts : 236
Nickname : Inner Sakura, Kaykuyo

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 4:07 pm

well then we got two people who call our floors, no?
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Yeah, good luck fitting an air mattress in a hotel room...
Back to top Go down
Kaykuyo
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Kaykuyo

Female
Number of posts : 236
Nickname : Inner Sakura, Kaykuyo

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 pm

all you need is a sleeping bag, not even, Micah and I were fine with just a blanket under us.
Back to top Go down
1st Lt Sasuke Taraishi
No Life
No Life
1st Lt Sasuke Taraishi

Male
Number of posts : 110
Nickname : Canada, Reno, TeamkillTommy
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 pm

I HAVE gotten an air mattress to fit on a hotel room floor you can ask the people that live with me and they will tell you that i've done it numerous times! so HA! but yeah if i end up bunking with more than one other person i will take the floor. the floor loves me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfmanalchemist
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 6:44 am

Do what you please. There wasn't even room for our bags on the floor.
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 10:12 pm

lol then your just not a con survivalist are you? i have been crammed in a room with 9 people in a room that should have only had 4, we pushed the bed to the wall and that makes more open space. =P our bags stayed in the hall / under sinks and such micah?
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey, I was raised an only child/ city flower. I have my own room and bed and pretty much always have...'cept when someone sleeps over...cause its queen sized >.<
Back to top Go down
HoBo_Zetsu_Chan
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
HoBo_Zetsu_Chan

Female
Number of posts : 181
Nickname : HoBo
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Hobo? I don't use anything but floor,pillow, and small cover blanket and the last time I checked you can move those chairs and side table to the bathroom hall...thingy anywho the floor is delicious
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 10:46 pm

lol i too have my own room and own bed, and i dont share when people are over, thats what the floor is for XD
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 pm

I do, I don't think its that weird...we are so far off topic its not funny,

MICAH, MAKE ME TEH YAOI PADDLE!!

lmao
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 1:44 am

i am just trying to prove a point, open space on a hotel room floor at a con is a waste, you could save $20+ by doing so
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 am

Yeah, I can understand that, but I'm not paying for my own room, so yeah...I probably would if my mom wasn't planning on registering though.
Back to top Go down
MrSexyItachi
Mangekyo Eye
Mangekyo Eye
MrSexyItachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 2:36 pm

lol your spoiled =P but its cool, we atleast have 6 people to a room now, now to fill the other and make arrangements.
Back to top Go down
Honey
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Akatsuki (Staff) Member
Honey

Female

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 10:56 am

I'm sure that you'll get 12 people easily...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread   The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The "After AD07" and CHS Planing thread
Page 1 of 1